Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Diy Poster!

So I am a total fangirl and I need music to survive so I am a HUGE fan of some artists and bands. I spend probably way too much buying there music so I can support them meaning that I have no money to buy there murch! I really want some posters for my walls so I decided to try and solve my problems by making my own posters!


What you will need!:
The internet
A free collage or photo editing software (or you can pay I can't make choices for you)
Scissors
Optional:
 Packing tape or a laminator (I will be useing tape to make sure my posters are a little more durable so recommend it but you don't have to)




Step 1: go to the internet!
Look for pictures of what you are looking for!

I am making a cat poster as an example










Then save the pictures to your computer




Step 2: make it a poster (online)

I am useing BeFunky  it has a lot of free templates to use so I really like it.
just look for the template you want and you are ready to go! When you are adding your pictures you just have to click on cell you want the picture to go into and tada a finished poster!




















Step 3: Print 

Since you can't print directly off of BeFunky you can take a screenshot and email it to yourself to print it out. You can also put it in a google doc or word document and print it from there!



Step 4: Tape Or Laminate 

 You don't have to do this step but I will so increase the life of the poster. If you are lamenting then just follow the directions for the laminator and you are done! If you are useing tape then it is a little more complicated. Take your clear packing tape and cut a strip that is wide enuf to cover your paper lengthwise. Place it on your paper and repeat with slight bit overlapping between the stips. Repeat on the back.  (You do not have to make the tape overlap just make sure there is no space in between the tape strips so it does not tear)
(The example is black and white I am out of color ink sorry)


Step 5: Trim The Edges
Cut the edges to neaten the poster!















Sorry for the bad photo quality!


You're done!   



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Make sure to subscribe to my blog so you never miss a post!  









No comments:

Post a Comment